Labixten 20mg 30 Tablets
Out of stock
Win the battle against allergies.
Labixten is a new, non-sedating antihistamine effective for the symptomatic treatment of allergic rhinitis (hayfever) and urticaria (hives).
Labixten offers over 24 hour relief from the symptoms of hayfever, allergies and urticaria.
Labixten benefits include:
- Once daily
- Fast acting
- Onset of action within an hour
- Duration of action beyond 24 hours
Each tablet contains: 20mg Bilastine
Adults and children 12 years and older: 1 tablet daily as required.
Not recommended for children under 12 years.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Do not use when pregnant or when breast feeding except when advised by your doctor or Pharmacist.
- Although this medicine is unlikely to affect your ability to drive or operate machinery, a few people may be impaired and care should be taken
- Medicines have benefits & some may have risks. Always read the label & use strictly as directed.
- If symptoms persist please consult your healthcare professional.
- Contraindicated for the following:
- Patients with renal impairment
Bilastine (the active ingredient in Labixten) is a new oral highly selective H1-receptor antagonist developed for the symptomatic treatment of Allergic Rhinitis (Hayfever) and Urticaria (Hives).
It is an antiallergic agent whose main mechanism of action is the inhibition of immune system reactions mediated by the interaction of histamine on its H1-receptor.
Many but not all hypersensitivity and allergic reactions are mediated by histamine, such as asthma or anaphylactic reactions. However, those mostly dependent on the release of histamine can be inhibited by blocking the H1 receptor with specific antihistamine drugs such as Bilastine.
To achieve optimal efficacy, the affinity for the H1 receptor should be high. A high specificity for the H1 receptor potentially reduces unwanted side effects.